Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Just the three of us



Ok, so yesterday Nick had to work and it was just me, Cadence, and Cole. Mom, I salute you! Two kids is tiring, I don't know if I could handle two more. I'm worn out after trying to keep Cadence from bothering Cole when he's sleeping, and trying to nurse him and watch her. Thank goodness for my travel swing, that comes in mighty handy at bath time. And wow I forgot how much infants sleep, I just wish Cadence would take more than one nap. But even getting her down for that one is a struggle. She does however go to bed so much easier with the twin bed, after bath she gets in her jammies, brushes her teeth, and climbs into bed. It's sorta a routine now, but it's great cause she's in bed by 9 and soon asleep. Cole on the other hand decides that after his 10 o'clock feeding he wants to stay up till his next one at 12, then he'll sleep and wake up every two hours on the dot for nursing. Much better than his up all night long the first night we got home. He's adjusted very well, and noises won't bother him. I ran the vacuum last night and he didn't even budge, that boy can sleep through anything, of course that's good considering how loud his sister can be during the day. Today Nick is back, so I get to rest some. Although he gets Cadence riled up. But he gets to deal with her. We are still waiting to see if she is going to turn into a daddy's girl, so far not so much. Anyways, nap time is over and it's feeding time. TTFN

4 comments:

Paige said...

Ahhh...you guys look sooo cute!!!

I hope you get some sleep soon! Wanna come over here, and we can watch the kids and you can help me pack?

Morgan said...

He's adorable--I wish we could see him in person! And I admire you for taking care of two under two by yourself...you're a strong woman!

Morgan said...

He's adorable--I wish we could see him in person! And I admire you for taking care of two under two by yourself...you're a strong woman!

Mike and Patti Everett said...

Hey Abbey! Meemo says that Cole is a very handsome baby and looks very huggable! Yes, your Mom was an amazing trooper to handle four and sends her love and sympathy!!!

Dad